Sunday, April 30, 2006

Dollar Tree Ducks

Until this past weekend, I had never been into one of those "dollar" stores. Or maybe I had, but it was so long ago I don't remember. I any case, girlfriend and I were sent on a mission to procure plastic storage containers for familial organizational purposes (step-sister was moving) and so we took the $40 we were given and made off to find the most we could get for the money. I was skeptical that a dollar store would have what we were after thinking we could do fine at Target, but I agreed to take a look at Dollar Tree first.

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I imagined the place would be stuffed to the rafters with junk. And there was plenty of junk. But... there were also some surprising finds, including the plastic storage containers we were after (40 in fact; $40 = 40 containers... amazing). But, best of all, I found these Easter ducks. I spend from 5 to 10 bucks a piece on similar stuffed toys for the dog when I get them from PetSmart. And these were a buck. So, I got 20. Since the dog goes through about 1 a month (they get tossed when the stuffing starts to come out or they just get too gross), I figure I am good on the stuffed toys for the next year and a half. Sure, they're all ducks, but what does he care? It will be Easter all year round!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home